Monday, February 7, 2011

Update on Food

Hi all.  Just wanted to let you know that on Friday 2/4 at approx 1:30pm, we initiated a wire transfer from the donations we received into our business account, in the amount of $1,600 to the orphanage director in Z.I.M.  The specific total of the food donations was $1,475.00.  We took $25 from our general fund and then my husband and I added $100.  It typically takes 4 business days for the wire transfer to be complete.  I sent the orphanage director a text message to let her know we had initiated the transfer.  Below is how she responded:

"Thank you Mighty Woman of God.  IT WILL GO A LONG WAY.  Have a lovely weekend.  Love you lots.  Fatima".

Soon after I also received a text message from one of the children (the home shares a phone).  It said "Hi Aunt Melissa.  We love you so much.  Thank you for the wehat & maize.  Thank you so much.  Love you a lot."

They know full well that this food comes from a group effort of donations, that it is not from me specifically.  But they know I am their advocate and they love to thank me for what we are doing.

When I receive the receipt from the International Wire Transfer department, I will post it here for all to see.  Fatima well email me copies of the receipts from her food purchases.  She does not have daily access to internet, and electricity is a constant problem, but as soon as I have it, I shall post here.

Thank you to all of you who have partnered with us to provide the kids food.  They need it so badly.  Our next big issues is to (1) continue to provide food (2) pay their school fees so that the children do not get expelled, and so that the government does not shut down the orphange for not having the kids in school.  My current effort is to raise $4,220 in the next few weeks if possible.  It's emergent.  Of course.

If you want to be a prayer partner for Beautiful Feet Global Outreach, please consider praying that we can get to a place quickly, where we may provide the basics and get caught up (and ahead) on school feels so that we may prevent "emergencies" in this area in the future.  Thank you so much.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment