Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Child of the Week - Tadiwa



This is our beautiful child of the week.  Her name is Tadiwa.  She is incredibly special to me for reasons I might not be able to explain, because at the heart of me I'm not totally sure.  She is the least verbal child that I've met at the orphanages.  I'm not clear as to whether she can or cannot speak as she has had some developmental challenges.  I have seen first hand that she understands the language of love... her heart bounces forth from those beautiful eyes.  She loves hugs, without a doubt.  She regularly tries to sneak one from me... and you know what I do... I give her all the hugs she wants.

Tadiwa is almost 6 years old and has been at the orphanage since she was 3.  Her father died and the whereabouts of her mother have been unknown since Tadiwa was about 1 or 2 years old.  This beautiful girl has escaped some horrific attempts to harm her, but her time in the orphanage seems to have calmed and eased her once dark memories.  This second photo of her with a wide open smile... this is how I know her.  God bless this precious child.

A sponsorship will be available for Tadiwa in the fall of this year.  Please consider providing for her school fees and others costs to cover her care.  She is a very special treasure!

God bless you all!

With Hope in Christ,

Melissa Irwin
Founder / Executive Director

1 comment:

  1. Both weeks such BEAUTIFUL children (and stories). Looking forward to this week's child! I just know sponsors are out there waiting.

    ReplyDelete